Saturday, December 10, 2011

The peace of a perfect trust




Oh for the peace of a perfect trust, My loving God in Thee
Unwavering faith that never doubts Thy choice is best for me.

Best, tho my plans be set at naught; Best tho the way be rough;
Best thou my earthly store be scant- In thee I have enough.

And e'en tho disappointments come, They, too are best for me,
To wean me from this changing world, And lead me nearer Thee.

Oh for the peace of a perfect trust, That looks away from all,
Yet sees Thy hand in everything, In great events and small.

That hears Thy voice, a father's voice, directing for the best;
Oh, for the peace of a perfect trust, a heart with Thee at rest.

#278



1 comment:

paige said...

"Oh for the peace of a perfect trust, That looks away from all,
Yet sees Thy hand in everything, In great events and small."...
thank you for this reminder. definitely my prayer right now

xoxo